The College of Art & Design was started as the Department of Fine Arts in 1940. Anna Molka Ahmad was its pioneer, mentor and the guiding spirit for three decades. BA classes were started in June 1942, MA Fine Arts in 1955 and BFA and MFA Graphic Design and Painting were initiated in 1964.
In 1998, the Department of Fiune Arts was given the status of an Institute, offering MFA in Graphic Design, Book Illustration, Print-Making (Graphic Arts) and Painting, along with an MA in Painting. In 2003 a Doctoral programme was started and in March 2004 the Institute of Art & Design was raised to the level of a College.
The College plans to have six independent departments, each offering three degree programmes.
Click here for College's Web Site