The ORIC has self-adopted its mandate to seek to enhance the environment for all research activities and scholarship schemes by: -
- Developing the university’s strategic research directions and policies.
- Increasing and diversifying external research funding.
- Improving integration of research and education at all levels of the university.
- Improving transformation of research into the public benefit.
- Strengthening university-industry relationships.
- Promoting entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities that energize and support the local and national economy.
- Promoting, enhancing and cross-cutting multi-disciplinary research initiatives while working out incentives and awards’ schemes for world class research and publications.
- To critically enhance research activities in Institutes / Colleges / Departments of the Punjab University and also protect intellectual property generated as a consequence of research activities.