Last Three Year Articles
Year: Upto December,
Tehmina Ajum, Basharat Ali and Aqeel Ahmad; Screening of native Bacilus strains to induce systemic resistance in tomato plants agains Fusarium wilt in split system and its field applications, Internatinal Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 15, 2013
Imran Sajid, Shahida Hasnain; Screening for type I polyketide synthases genes of endophytic streptomycets isolated from Parthimiun histerophorus L, Mocleular Genetics, Micribiology and Virology, 28(1), 2013
Basharat Ali; Growth and yield enhancement of triticum aestivum L. by rhizobacteria isolated from agronomic plants, Australian Journal of Crop Sciences, 7(10), 2013
Warda Fatima; Deregulated expression of circadian clock and clock-controled cell cycle genes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Molecular Biology Reports, , 2013
Anjum Nasim Sabri; Screening characterization and biofilm formation of nickel resistant bacteria isolated from indigenous environment., Polish Journal Microbiology, 62, 2013
Mehboob Ahmed; Recent trends in antibiotics susceptibility pattern of pseudomonas sp. Isolated from clinical samples of Punjab, Pakistan, Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, 32(8), 2013
Nazia Jamil; Enhanced biosynthesis of poly(3-Hydroxybutyrate) from potato starch by Bacillus cereus strain64-ins in a laboratory scale fermenter, Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology, , 2013
Nousheen Zaidi; Lipogenesis and lipolysis: the pathways exploited by the cancer cells to acquire fatty acids, Progress in Lipid Research, 52, 2013
Nageen Hussain; Clinical and Laboratory manifestations of SLE in Pakistani lupus patients, Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 45(3), 2013
Muhammad Faisal; Inoculatin of plant growth promoting bacteria ochrobactrum intermedium, brevibacterium sp. And Bacillus cereus induce plant gowth parameters, Journal of Applied Biotechnology, 1, 2013
Muhammad Faisal; Growth promotin of maize by desiccation tolerant microococcus luteus-chp37 isolated from Cholistan desert, Pakistan, Australian Jornal of Crop Sciences, 7(11), 2013
Yasir Rehman, Muhammad Faisal, and Shahida Hasnain; Arsenic and Chromium reductionin Co-Cultures of Bacteria isolated from industrial sites in Pakistan, Microbiology, 82(4), 2013
Muhammad Faisal; Assessing the phytotoxicity of tanneries waste contaminated soil on Zea mays (Lin) growth, Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 22(6), 2013
Abdul Rehman; Charactrization of cellulose degrading bacterium bacillus megaterium S3, isolated from indigenous environment, Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 45, 2013
Zakia Latif; Detoxification of mercury pollutant by immobilized yeast strain candida xylopsoci, Pakistan Journal of Botany, 45, 2013
Aisha Waheed and Anjum Nasim Sabri; Osmolyte accumulation in moderately halophilic bacteria improves tolerance of chickpea, Pakistan Journal of Botany, 45(3), 2013
Ilyas, S. and Rehman A.,; Decolorization and detoxifiction of Synozol red HF-6BN azo dye, by Aspergillus niger and Nigrospora sp., Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Sciences & Engineering, 10(12), 2013
Ejaz, S., F.Z. Rizvi, S., Anwar. Faisal, M; Biotransformation potential od Cr (VI) by Bacillus pumilus- S4, Pseudomonas doudoroffii S5 and exiguobacterium-S8 in association with hydrophytes, Int J Environ Sci Technol, 10, 2013
Sulman, S. and Rehman, A.; Isolation and Characterization of Cellulose Degrading Candida tripicalis W2 from environmental samples, Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 45(3), 2013
Basir , M.F., Haider, M.S., Rashid N. Riaz, S.; Core gene expression and associaton of genotypes with viral load in HCV infected patients of Punjab Pakistan, Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 12(3), 2013
Naeem, A., Batoo, R., and Jamil , N; Cr(VI) reduction by Cellulosimicrobium sp. Isolated from tannery effluent., Turkish Journal of Biology, 37(3), 2013
Nageen Hussain; Levels of IL-15 in SLE patients, International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciencs, 46(2), 2013
Nageen Hussain, Ghazala Jaffery; Distribution of HLA alleles in SLE patients with Ace I/D pollymorphism, Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, 13(1), 2013
Muhammad Yasin, Muhammad Faisal and Sikander Sultan; Growth responses of Triticum aestivum after inoculating with Pseudomonas and Strnotrophomonas, African Journal of Micrbiology Research, 7, 2013
Mahwish Javaid and Sikander Sultan; Plant growth promotion traits and Cr (VI) reduction potentials of Cr (VI) resistant streptomyces strains, Journal of Basic Microbiology, 53, 2013
Maik S, Wilcox E, Nax S.; Novel Lip pit phenotypes and mutations of IRF6 in Van der woude syndrome parients from Pakistan, Clinical Genetics, DOI:
Tanveer, R., Sajid, I., Hasnain, S.; Screening for type I polyketide synthases genes of endophytic streptomycetes isoalted from Parthimiun histerophorus L, Molecular Genetics, Microbiology and Virology, 28(1), 2013
Sajid, I., Shaaban, K., A., Hasnain, S.; Purification and identification of bioactive angucyclinones from Streptomyces matensis BG5, isolated from the rhizosphere of Rosa Indica L. 7, Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 43, 2013
Tanveer, R., Sajid, I., Hasnain, S; Screening of endophytic streptomycetes isloated from parthenium hysterophorus L. against nosocomial pathogens., Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 26(2), 2013
Abdul Hameed and Shahida Hasnain; Isolation and Molecular identification of metal resistant Synechocystis from polluted areas, African Journal of Microbiological Research, 6(3): 648-652, 2012
Saba Shamim, and Abdul Rehman; Cadmium resistance and accumulation potential of Klebsiella pneumonia strain CBL-1 isolated from industrial wastewater., Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 44(1):203-208, 2012
Batool, R., Yrjala, K. and Hasnain, S.; Hexavalent chromium reduction by bacteria from tannery effluent., Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 22 (4): 547-554, 2012
Nighat Naheed, Nazia Jamil, Shahida Hasnain and Ghulam Abbas; Biosynthesis of polyhydroxybutyrate in Enterobacter sp. SEL2 and Enterobacteriaceae bacterium sp. PFW1 using sugar cane molasses as media, African Journal of Biotechnology, 11(16) 3321-3332, 2012
Munuaza Kiran, Shazia Afrasayab, ., Zaigham Abbas, Muhammad Faisal, and Shahida Hasnain; Plant growth promoting capability of Azotobacter as mono and mix culture on Vigna radiata, African Journal of Microbiology Research, 6: 1291-1296, 2012
C. S. Sheik Mitchell, T.W. Rizvi, F.Z., Rehman, Y., Faisal, M., Hasnain, S. McInerney, M.J, and Krumholz, L.R; Exposure of soil microbial communities to chromium and arsenic from tannery waste alters their diversity and structure, Plos One, 7(6): e40059. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0040059, 2012
Saba Riaz, Muhammad Faisal, and Shahida Hasnain; Prevalence and comparison of Beta-lactamase producing E. coli and Klebsiella spp from clinical and environmental sources in Lahore, Pakistan., African Journal of Microbiology Research, 6(2): 465-470, 2012
Samreen Sarwar, Mehboob Ahmed and Shahida Hasnain; Phylogenomic analysis of polyketide synthase genes in actinomycetes: structural analysis of KS domains and modules of polyketide synthases., , International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design, 5(2): 89-110, 2012
Sikander Sultan and Shahida Hasnain; Chromium (VI) Reduction by Cell Free Extract of Ochrobactrum anthropi Isolated from Tannery Effluent , Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 89: 152-157, 2012
Sikander Sultan, Khansa Mubashar and Mohammad Faisal; Uptake of toxic Cr (VI) by biomass of exo-polysaccharides producing bacterial strains, African Journal of Microbiology Research, 6(13): 3329-3336, 2012
Hira Muzzamal, Rabbia Sarwar, Imran Sajid and Shahida Hasnain; Isolation, identification and screening of endophytic bacteria antagonistic to biofilm formers., Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 44(1): 249-257., 2012
Anwar Husain and Shahida Hasnain; Comparative assessment of the efficacy of bacterial and cyanobacterial phytohormones in plant tissue culture , World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 28: 1459-1466, 2012
Zaigham Abbas, Anjum Nasim Sabri and Basharat Ali ; Antimicrobial activity of biocides against different microorganisms isolated from biodeterioated paints., Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 44(2): 576-579, 2012
Ismail-Ben Ali, A., El Bour, M., Ktari, L., Bolhuis, H., Ahmed, Mehboob, Boudabbous, A. and Stal, L.J.; Jania rubens associated bacteria: molecular identification and antimicrobial activity., Journal of Applied Phycology, , 2011
Akhtar, S. and Ali, Basharat; Evaluation of rhizobacteria as non-rhizobial inoculants for mung beans., Australian Journal of Crop Science, 5(13), 2011
Sanai, M. and Hussain, Nageen; Levels of inflammatory markers (Complement C3, C4 and CRP) in smokers., African Journal of Biotechnology, 10(82), 2011
Naheed, N., Jamil, Nazia and Hasnain, S.; Screening of contaminated soils for biodegradable plastic producing bacteria and profiling of their resistance markers., African Journal of Microbiology Research, 5, 2011
Shafaat, S., Akram, M. and Rehman, Abdul; Isolation and characterization of a thermostable ?-amylase from Bacillus subtilis. , African Journal of Microbiology Research, 5(28), 2011
Butt, A.S. and Rehman, Abdul; Isolation of arsenite-oxidizing bacteria from industrial effluents and their potential use in wastewater treatment., World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 27, 2011
Riaz, Saba, Faisal, Muhammad, Hasnain, Shahida and Khan, N.A.; Antibacterial and cytotoxic activities of Acacia nilotica Lam (Mimosaceae) methanol extracts against extended spectrum beta-lactamase producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella species, Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 10(6), 2011
Amin, A. and Latif, Zakia; Isolation and characterization of H2S producing yeast to detoxify mercury containing compounds, International Research Journal of Microbiology, 2, 2011
Aisha Waheed Qurashi and Anjum Nasim Sabri ; Biofilm formation in moderately halophilic bacteria is influenced by varying salinity levels., Journal of Basic Microbiology, , 2011
Aisha Waheed Qurashi and Anjum Nasim Sabri ; Alleviation of salt stress by Halomonas sp. and osmolytes in Zea mays., African Journal of Biotechnology, 10, 2011
Aisha Waheed Qurashi and Anjum Nasim Sabri; Osmoadaptation and plant growth promotion by salt tolerant bacteria under salt stress., African Journal of Microbiology Research, 5, 2011
Alvi, F.M., Choudhri, A. and Hasnain, Shahida; Blood selenium status in normal Punjabi population of Pakistan., Biological Tarce Element Research, 143, 2011
Mazhar, S. and Hasnain, Shahida; Screening of native plant growth promoting cyanobacteria and their impact on Triticum aestivum var Uqab 2000 growth., African Journal of Agricultural Research, 6, 2011
Hussain, A. and Hasnain, Shahida ; Interactions of bacterial cytokinins and IAA in the rhizosphere may alter phytostimulatory efficiency of rhizobacteria., World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 27, 2011
Nawaz, S.K. and Hasnain, Shahida ; Effect of ACE polymorphisms on the association between noise and hypertension in a Pakistani population., Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, 12, 2011
Nawaz, S.K. and Hasnain, Shahida; Effects of noise exposure on catalase activity of growing lymphocytes., Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, 11, 2011
Dr. Imran Sajid; Synthesis, characterization, crystal structures, and antibacterial activity of some new 1-(3,4,5-trimethoxybenzoyl)-3-aryl thioureas. , Turkish Journal of Chemistry, 34: 1-11. , 34, 2010
Ms. Samreen Riaz; Study of Protein profiling of human urine in diabetic hypertensive nephropathy versus normal healthy controls. , Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 12 (5): 379-386. , 12, 2010
Ms. Samreen Riaz; Proteomic Identification of human urine biomarkers in diabetes mellitus type-2.., Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 12 (12): 979-988. , 12, 2010
Dr. Muhammad Faisal; Comparative assessment of Selenite detoxification to elemental selenium by Bacillus group., Biotechnology Letters. 32: 1255-1259, 32, 2010
Dr. Abdul Rehman; Cadmium uptake by yeast, Candida tropicalis, isolated from industrial effluents and its potential use in wastewater clean-up operations., Water, Air, and Soil Pollution., 205: 149-159, 205, 2010
Dr. Abdul Rehman; Multiple heavy metal tolerant ciliates, Oxytricha fallax and Paramecium caudatum, isolated from industrial effluents and their potential use in wastewater treatment, Pakistan. Journal of Zoology,
42 (2): 301-309., 42, 2010
Dr. Abdul Rehman; Isolation and characterization of arsenic reducing bacteria from industrial effluents and their potential use in bioremediation of wastewater., Pakistan. Journal of Zoology,
42 (2): 331-338, 42, 2010
Dr. Abdul Rehman; Resistance and uptake of heavy metals by Vorticella microstoma and its potential use in industrial wastewater treatment., Environ. Prog. Sustain. Energy
29(4): 481-486, 29, 2010
Dr. Samina Mehnaz; Genotypic and phenotypic diversity of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria associated with sugarcane growing in Pakistan. , Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 20 (12), 20, 2010
Dr. Samina Mehnaz; Growth promoting effects of corn (Zea mays) bacterial isolates under greenhouse and field conditions. , Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 42 (10): 1848-1856 , 42, 2010
Dr. Samina Mehnaz; Determination and distribution of cry-type genes in halophilc Bacillus thuringiensis isolates of Arabian Sea sedimentary rocks, Microbiological Research,
165 (5): 376-383, 165, 2010
Dr. Zakia Latif; Strategies to control Potato virus Y under in vitro conditions., Pakistan Journal of Phytopathology. 22.01, 22, 2010
Dr. Zakia Latif; In vitro induction of mutation in potato cultivars, Pakistan Journal of Phytopathology. 22: 1, 22, 2010
Dr. Zakia Latif; Viability assessment of in vitro produced synthetic seeds of cucumber., African journal of Biotechnology, 9(42): 7026-7032, 9, 2010
Dr. Anjum Nasim Sabri; Isolate-Specific Effects of Patulin, Penicillic Acid and EDTA on Biofilm Formation and Growth of Dental Unit Water Line Biofilm Isolates. , Current Microbiology, 61(2): 148-156. , 61, 2010
Dr. Anjum Nasim Sabri; A Laboratory Approach to Characterize Biocides Resistant Isolates from Dental Unit Water Line Biofilms. , Asian Journal of Experimental and Biological Sciences, 1 (2): 460 – 470., 1, 2010
Dr. Anjum Nasim Sabri; Characterization of biocides resistant isolates from dental unit water line biofilms by culture dependent approach., African Journal of Clinical and Experimental Microbiology 11(1):129-136., 11, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain / Dr.Anjum Nasim Sabri / Ms. Nageen Hussain; Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene I/D polymorphism in Pakistani systemic lupus erythematosus patients., African Journal of Biotechnology. 9(48): 8134-8138., 9, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain /
Dr. Basharat Ali /
Dr. Anjum Nasim Sabri; Rhizobacterial potential to alter auxin content and growth of Vigna radiata (L.), World J Microbiol Biotechnol
(2010) 26:1379–1384, 26, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain /
Dr. Abdul Rehman; Cadmium biosorption by yeast, Candida tropicalis CBL-1, isolated from industrial wastewater, J. Gen. Appl. Microbiol., 56: 359-368., 56, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain
Ms. Saira Malik
Dr. Shahida Malik; Epidemiology of Van der Woude syndrome from mutational analyses in affected patients from Pakistan. , Clinical Genetics, 78: 247–256 , 78, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain; Agroforestry trends in Punjab, Pakistan., African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 4(10): 639-650., 4, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain/
Dr. Muhammad Faisal; Cicer arietinum growth promotion by Ochrobactrum intermedium and Bacillus cereus in the presence of CrCl3 and K2CrO4., Annals of Microbiology, 60; 729-733, 60, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain; Noice induced hypertension and prehypertention in Pakistan., Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical science, 10(3): 239-244, 10, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain; Associations of non-heterocystous cyanobacteria with crop plants. , Plant and Soil, 336: 365-379, 336, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain; The production of indole-3-acetic acid by the cyanobacterium Arthrospira platensis strain-MMG-9, Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology,
20(9):1259-1265., 20, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain /
Dr. Nazia Jamil; Effect of zinc-phosphate-solubilizing bacterial isolates on growth of Vigna radiate., Annals of Microbiology,
60: 243-248, 60, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain /
Dr. Muhammad Faisal; Comparative study of Wild and transformed salt tolerant bacterial strains on Triticum aestivum growth under salt stress., Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, 41 (4): 946-955., 41, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain; Rapid determination of cytokinins and auxin in cyanobacteria., Current Microbiology, 61:361-369, 61, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain /
Ms. Saba Riaz; Bacteriocins produced by L. fermentum and L .acidophilus can inhibit cephalosporin resistant E .coli., Brazilian Journal of Microbiology. 41: 643-648., 41, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain /
Dr. Nazia Jamil; Bacteria from contaminated urban and hilly areas as a source of polyhydroxyanoates production, African Journal of Biotechnology, 9: 1919-1925, 9, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain; Purification and characterization of extracellular protease from Bacillus subtilis EAG-2 strain isolated from ornamental plant nursery, Polish Journal of Microbiology. 59 (2): 107-112, 59, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain
Dr.Abdul Rehman; Isolation and characterization of arsennite oxidizing Pseudomonas lubricans and its potential use in bioremediation of wastewater., African Journal of Biotechnology, 9(10): 1493-1498, 9, 2010
Dr. Shahida Hasnain/Ms Ambreen Ahmad; Auxin producing Bacillus sp.: Auxin quantification and effect on the growth of Solanum tuberosum, Pure and Applied Chemistry,
82(1): 313-319., 82, 2010
Last Three Year Books
Dr. Shahida Hasnain,; Title: Exo-polysaccharides roducing bacteria of salt lands- atiny weapon to combat salinity. Publisher: LAMBERT Academic opublishing
(Available on Amazon.com), Year: 2010
Ms. Samreen Riaz,; Title: Advances in Medicine and biology Publisher: Nova Science publishers, inc. 400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600, Hauppauge, N.Y.11788-3619, USA, Year: 2010
• Zaidi, S., Yasmin, A. Faisal, M. and Hasnain, S. (2007). Inoculation effect of bacteria isolated from Trianthema partulacastrum , Rumex dentatus , and Coronopus Didymus plants on Vigna radiata seedlings. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences , 3: 796-800.
• Sultan, S. and Nasir, Z. A. (2007). Intraannual variation in weed communities of lentil fields in Chakwal, Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Botany , 39 : 1471-1479.
• Muhammdi, Jamil, N. and Ahmed, N. (2007). A hydrophilic and halophilic biopolymer produced by soil bacterium CMG1447mp. International Journal of Biological Biotechniques , 4: 213-218.
• Jamil, N., Ahmed, N. and Edwards, D. H. (2007). Characterization of biopolymer produced by Pseudomonas sp. CMG607w of marine origin. Journal of General & Applied Microbiology ,
53: 105-109 .
• Rehman, A ., Farooq, H. and Shakoori, A. R. (2007). Copper tolerant yeast, Candida tropicalis, isolated from industrial effluents: its potential use in wastewater treatment. Pakistan Journal of Zoology , 39: 405-412.
• Ghaffar, I., Ali, B. and Hasnain, S. (2007). Effect of different hormonal combinations on regeneration of callus of Gomphrena globosa L. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences , 10: 3708-3712.
• Riaz, S., Alam, S. S. and Akhtar, M. W. (2007). Proteomic strategies to study the protein biomarker for diabetes mellitus. Proceeding of the symposium of Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics. MMG Dept. Punjab University, Lahore.22nd-23rd October, 2007. pp. 197-211.
• Colbeck, I., Nasir, Z. A., Hasnain, S. and Sultan, S. (2008). Indoor air quality at rural and urban sites in Pakistan. Water, Air & Soil Pollution:Focus , 8: 61-69.
• Arshad, N., Hasnain, S. and Hess, M. (2008). Among several plant species tested only Peganum harmala or its ß-carboline alkaloids inhibit in vitro the growth of certain antibiotics resistant strains of important bacteria and selected protozoa isolated from poultry. Phytotherapy Research ,
• Arshad, N., Neubauer, C., Hasnain, S. and Hess, M. (2008). Peganum harmala can minimize Escherichia coli infection in poultry, but long-term feeding may induce side effects. Poultry Science , 87: 240-249.
• Hanif, M., Saddiqa, A., Hasnain S., Ahmad S., Rabbani, G. and Isab A. (2008). Preparation, spectral characterization and antibacterial studies of silver (I) complexes of 2-mercaptopyridine and thiomalate. Spectroscopy , 22: 51-56.
• Rehman, A. , Farooq, H. and Hasnain, S. ( 2008). Biosorption of copper by yeast, Loddermyces elongisporus , isolated from industrial effluents: its potential use in wastewater treatment. Journal of Basic Microbiology , 48: 195-201.
• Ahmed, A., Sabri, A. N., and Hasnain, S. (2008). Effect of varying temperature on growth, morphology and soluble protein content of divIV and divV mutant strains of Bacillus subtilis. African Journal of Biotechnology , 7: 1505-1511.
• Alvi. F. M. and Shahida H. (2008). Angiotensin gene variants in a Pakistani hypertensive population of Punjab. Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System , 9: 27-31.
• Liaqat, I. and Sabri, A. N. (2008). Effect of biocides on biofilm bacteria from Dental Unit water lines. Current Microbiology, 56 619-624.
• Liaqat, I. and Sabri, A. N. (2008). Analysis of cell wall constituents of biocide- resistant isolates from dental unit water line biofilms. Current Microbiology , 57: 340-347.
• Hussain, N., Jaffary, G., Sabri, A. N., Hasnain, S. and Mir, N. (2008). Budd chiari syndrome in fifteen year old girl with systemic lupus erythematosus. International Journal of Health Research, 1: 45-49.
• Sajid, I., Shaaban, K. A., Frauendorf, H., Hasnain, S., Laatsch, H. (2008). Val-Geninthiocin: Structure Elucidation and MS n Fragmentation of Thiopeptide Antibiotics Produced by Streptomyces sp. RSF18. Zeitschrift fur Natureforsching , 63b : 1223-1230.
• Jamil, N. and Ahmed, N. (2008). Structure elucidation of biopolymer produced by bacterial strain CMG607w. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology . 51(3): 457-464.
• Rehman, A. , Shakoori, F. R. and Shakoori, A. R. (2008). Heavy metals resistant rotifers from a chromium contaminated wastewater can help in environmental clean-up treatment. Pakistan. Journal of Zoology , 40: 309-316.
• Rehman, A. , Zahoor, A., Muneer, B. and Hasnain, S. ( 2008). Chromium tolerance and reduction potential of a Bacillus sp.ev3 isolated from metal contaminated wastewater. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology , 81: 25-29.
• Rehman, A., Shuja, R. and Shakoori, A. R. (2008). Tolerance of two ciliates, Stylonychia mytilus and Paramecium caudatum , isolated from industrial effluents to an organophosphate, endosulfan and their potential use in bioremediation of insecticide contaminated wastewater Pakistan. Journal of Zoology , 40: 255-261.
• Rehman, A., Ali, A. and Shakoori, A. R. (2008). Biosorption of mercury by bacteria isolated from industrial effluents: potential use in bioremediation of wastewater. Pakistan. Journal of Zoology , 40: 115-122.
• Rehman, A. Shakoori, F. R. and Shakoori, A. R. (2008). Isolation of a ciliate, Euplotes mutabilis , resistant to heavy metals from industrial effluents, and its potential use in wastewater treatment. Bioresearch Biotechnology , 99: 3890-3895.
• Rehman, A., Shakoori, F. R. and Shakoori, A. R. (2008). Uptake of heavy metals by Stylonychia mytilus and its possible use in decontamination industrial wastewater. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology , 24: 47-53.
• Riaz, S., Shoukat, S. and Mughal, M. S. (2008). Fluoride toxicity on the Histopathological aspects of kidney in the Cirrhinus mrigala. Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pakistan . 40 :20-24.
• Riaz, S., Alvi, F.M. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Early Diagnosis of Hypertension with Molecular Genetic Techniques. Professional Medical Journal, 15: 260-269.
• Bashir, K., Hussain, N., Hasnain, S., Elahi, S. (2008). Seroprevalence of Hepatitis E Virus Immunoglobulins G and M Antibodies in Adults - A Hospital Based Study in Pakistan. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology , 08-134.
• Hussain, N., Jaffery, G. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Serum complement C3 and C4 levels in relation to diagnosis of lupus nephrosis. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research , 7: 1117-1121.
• Hussain, N., Jaffery, G., Hasnain, S. (2008). Association of Ribosomal anti-P antibodies with different Parameters of Lupus. African Journal of Biotechnology , 7: 4437-4440 .
• Hussain, N., Jaffery, G., Sabri, A. N. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Pulmonary tuberculosis in a patient with SLE. Annals of KEMU. 14: 79-80.
• Muhammad, K., Yasmin, A., Rehman, H., Faisal, M. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Growth responses of Vigna radiata to arid land bacteria exhibiting antimicrobial activity. Research Journal of Environmental Sciences , 2: 139-144.
• Ghafoor, A. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Effect of various components of the detergent on an extracellular protease: Feasibility as a laundry additive. Proceeding of the symposium of Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics. MMG Dept. Punjab University, Lahore.22nd-23rd October, 2007. pp. 176-181.
• Sajid, I. and Hasnain, S. (2008). The thiopeptide antibiotics produced by an indigenous Streptomyces sp. RSF-18. Proceeding of the symposium of Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics. MMG Dept. Punjab University, Lahore.22nd-23rd October, 2007. pp. 182-187.
• Naheed, N., Jamil, N. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Biodegradable plastic producing bacterial strains: Production and characterization. Proceeding of the symposium of Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics. MMG Dept. Punjab University, Lahore.22nd-23rd October, 2007. pp. 188-193.
Shafique, H., Ali, B. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Bacterial auxin production and its impact on plant growth. Proceeding of the symposium of Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics. MMG Dept. Punjab University, Lahore.22nd-23rd October, 2007. pp. 194-199.
• Dr Shahida Hasnain, Chapter II of Class XI Biology Text Book which comprised of (i) Classification of living things (ii) Viruses
• Faisal, M., Afrasayab, S. and Hasnain, S. (2008). Plant Microbe Interactions: Emerging Biotechnological Approach in Agriculture. Microbial Strategies for Crop Improvement, published by Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg, Germany.
• Dr Anjum Nasim Sabri, One chapter of Class XI Biology Text Book which comprised of: Bacteria