The headings should be concise, clear and followed by APA (6th Ed.) as:
- Level One Heading (centered, bold, upper and lowercase)
- Level Two Heading (flush left, bold, upper and lowercase)
- Level three heading. (indented, bold, upper and lower case, text follows immediately after the period)
- Level four heading. (indented, bold, italicized, lowercase except first letter and proper nouns, ends with
a period, text follows immediately after the period)
- Level five heading. (indented, italicized, lowercase except first letter and proper nouns, ends with a
period, text follows immediately after the period.
The author should cite publications in the text: (Adams, 2006) using the first named author's name or (Adams & Brown, 2006) citing both names of two authorsor (Adams et al., 2006), when there are three or more authors. At the end of the paper a reference list in alphabetical order should be supplied:
Strunk, W., Jr., & White, E. B. (1979). The guide to everything and then some more stuff.New York, NY: Macmillan.
Chapter of a Book:
Bergquist, J. M. (1992). German Americans. In J. D. Buenker& L. A. Ratner (Eds.),Multiculturalism in the United States: A comparative guide to acculturation andethnicity (pp. 53-76). New York, NY: Greenwood.
Dent-Read, C., &Zukow-Goldring, P. (2001). Is modeling knowing? [Review of the bookModels of cognitive development, by K. Richardson]. American Journal ofPsychology, 114, 126-133.
- Journal Article with DOI:
Paivio, A. (1975). Perceptual comparisons through the mind's eye. Memory & Cognition, 3,635-647. doi:10.1037/0278-618.104.22.168
Journal Article without DOI (when DOI is not available):
Becker, L. J., & Seligman, C. (1981). Welcome to the energy crisis. Journal of SocialIssues, 37(2), 1-7.
Hamfi, A. G. (1981). The funny nature of dogs. E-journal of Applied Psychology, 2(2), 38-48. Retrieved from http://ojs.lib.swin.edu.au/index.php/fdo
- Online Newspaper Articles:
Becker, E. (2001, August 27). Prairie farmers reap conservation's rewards. The New YorkTimes. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com
Brislin, R. W. (1984). Cross-cultural psychology. In R. J. Corsini (Ed.), Encyclopedia ofpsychology (Vol. 1, pp. 319-327). New York, NY: Wiley.
- Technical and Research Reports (often with corporate authors)
Hershey Foods Corporation. (2001, March 15). 2001 Annual Report. Retrieved fromhttp://www.hersheysannualreport.com/2000/index.htm
- Website with no author or date of publication:
Census data revisited. (n.d.). Retrieved March 9, 2009, from Harvard, Psychology ofPopulation website, http://harvard.edu/data/index.php