Badshahi mosque was built by Muhyi-ud-Din Muhammad Aurangzeb Alamgir and was completed in 1673 A.D. It is one of Lahore`s best known landmarks, and a major tourist attraction typifying the beauty and grandeur of the Mughal era. It is also the second largest mosque in Pakistan. The exterior is decorated with stone carving as well as marble inlay on red sandstone. The Corner minarets measure about 58 meters high. This mosque can accommodate some 60 000 worshippers.